Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Working with the Clipper Ship...

You would think that the easiest things to paint would be the parts that have no order. I don't think so. They seem to be the hardest for me. The most frustrating. I am working on a clipper ship painting for my husband and it has gone through many transformations since I started... Here is the run down so far... 




After this one - I stopped. The sky became muddy and looked like a mother ship.. I didn't like it. It just wasn't "my sky". So I set it on the floor and started over... 



Then I got this far and stopped. I didn't like anything about this either. My sky just wasn't right the way either. It had no reason to me. Just looked like a bunch of paint here and there.. I wanted more depth. So .. I didn't want to start over again so this time I just painted over that sky and around the boat... 


MUCH BETTER I thought.. But now the water is no good. I painted over it all ... painted in some stuff. Didn't like it. Painted over it again... Finally I felt it was better... 



Here it is as it sits on the easel right now.. I am letting it dry so that I can add all the detail to the ship. All the ropes and such that are to be hanging off, no way can I do it without a steady hand! So I will wait. 

If you would like to see the finished painting be sure to watch for it on my fan site Frankie's Art On Facebook. If you are not already a fan - be sure to press the like button! If you are an artists as well please introduce yourself on there too! 



First Time Orders FREE SHIPPING WITH CODE - FIRSTREP at checkout! Frankie's Avon Page
Live a Healthier Life! Starting Today!
GNLD Vitamins

No comments: