Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Monday, August 19, 2013

Updated on my recent painting - Walt Whitman

Well here is an update of my latest. I am trying to go very slow and work in layers and glazes. I am learning a little bit more about the glazing process right now. It works MIRACLES! I just need to practice more so I can be smoother. I am so afraid he is going to look like a
cartoon character. That would not be too good for me. We will see.. EVEENNN if he does, I will still appreciate the time I spent on the painting. I am good for that.  I am a little curious how I am going to end up doing all his gray beard. Very curious! Till I blog again! XO 

UPDATE: I worked a bit more and now here is where I am ;) hahaha.. I Know.. Just finish it then show us.. I can't help it.. 



First Time Orders FREE SHIPPING WITH CODE - FIRSTREP at checkout! Frankie's Avon Page
Live a Healthier Life! Starting Today!
GNLD Vitamins

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Stunning work..so beautifully done..very inspiring..such gorgeous art!
Victoria

Frankie Stockman said...

Thank you Victoria. After I took this picture I went back and worked a bit more on his eyes. They are a little sadder now which is good :) He was looking too cheery! Thank you again. And thank you very much for coming in and looking at my update!

Frankie Stockman said...

Also Victoria - I went to your blog and I "love" those pictures that you have taken! Very pretty! http://heartofawizardess.blogspot.com/

Lisa Graham Art said...

Looks amazing already Frankie. So much character in this portrait!

Frankie Stockman said...

Thank you Lisa. Today the kids are gone so I am able to work on it without stopping and going. Its so nice! Feeling a little guilty but this is their first day back at school and it is my first day alone to work.. Its nice. I hope they are having a good day though :) I do miss them.