Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Painting Walt Whitman - Poet

For the last couple of days I have been complaining to my family and a little on my Facebook Fanpage to my friends that I should be painting and I wasn't. Little did I know but that was my brain working me up for a huge painting. Yesterday I picked up a new canvas and got to work. I am painting Walt Whitman. Poet. I was thinking that if it goes right, I may paint Mark Twain! Ew Ew!! And and.. Ralph Waldo Emerson. My hunny bunny says I should paint them and then "GIVE" yes, I know, I was in shock too - GIVE them to our local library. I started to think about it and I don't know - it might actually be a good idea. No one would buy them, and I don't know if I would display them. I definitely have to think about it. So the picture here is not really all that well put together yet.. I have worked a bit more since this photo so it is coming together much better. I want it to look classic but I don't know if it will. I will need more practice. The backgrounds really frustrate me because I always want to go very dark but I see other paintings that don't and I admire them. So I am going to have to really think about this one. I want to take my time and make it look very nice! 

First Time Orders FREE SHIPPING WITH CODE - FIRSTREP at checkout! Frankie's Avon Page
Live a Healthier Life! Starting Today!
GNLD Vitamins

No comments: