Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Thursday, May 30, 2013

My May Projects - And Finished Painting

Oh goodness it has been forever and a long time since I have been in here to write a post. I have actually been up to a lot and that is probably why. I wanted to share with you my projects and my thoughts while doing these  'said' projects. Its nice to try to be creative - you would be surprised of the things that you think about while you are working on something .. I have more affirmations and discoveries about myself and the world around me when I am creating than any other time. 


Let us start with my gift that I received from my friend over at Creations By Gena . She is a very talented individual. I have shared her work before. It is an art journal. I have never had one so I was very excited when she surprised me with this one! :) I have yet to put anything in it but I will. I think I will tonight as a matter of fact! The second one is a yellow mouse. I have pulled out my sewing machine. I always see these great sewing projects on the internet and I think that I want to do such things but then I say I can't. Now I am feeling bad thoughts about myself because I can't do something that I really want to do. Nonsense! I am not going to do that anymore! If I see something that I really want to do - I am going to do it. Even if I do not do it as well as they have - I can say that I still tried. So there are three sewn projects here. The mouse, the bonnet and apron for a costume and a sewing needle book. I made them all. I was so proud of myself. Didn't matter if they were not perfect. What mattered was the fact that now I do not feel bad anymore that I can't sew. I can! Maybe not as well as some ladies.. but I will eventually because I am not afraid to try. I also made a dress to go with the Bonnet and the apron.. Here is my little model. She is all ready for Pioneer day. 

Next I am going to be making my girls dresses for the summer. Now what else have I worked on? Lets see........... Oh yes.. my recent commissioned painting! I finished it last night! I had trouble with it. I didn't think I would. I looked at the picture I was to paint and my ego got all excited and yelled out.. EASSYYY!!! My ego is a loudmouth. Here is it.. 


Looks easy enough right?? I started it out thinking I didn't have to draw it out. I could just slap it on and be good to go. I could not get the perspective right for my life!! I was so frustrated with it. For over a week I toyed with this thing. Then finally I decided that I needed to swallow my pride and decide that I just couldn't throw it out there. So I completely scraped like 20 hours of work off and started a new. This time - I drew the whole thing on first - ug. I just looked for the picture to show you and I don't have one! That is not normal for me. Anyways... I didn't take many step by step photos I guess. Was too involved! ;) Either way this is the finished painting - 




I put two different shots because the lighting always makes the colors weird. But the top one is a much truer to the colors. I think it came out nice. The young lady who commissioned loves it too and that is all that matters to me! I did have a really hard time with the mountains and water. You wouldn't think I would but I did. I couldn't get the distance to look right. I was so frustrated that I had to walk away for a whole weekend (went to rocklahoma) just to see that it wasn't that bad! I needed fresh eyes! Or a little fun in my life. Either way it worked and I was able to move forward. So there is my projects for the month of May! I am going to start cutting fabric for the dresses tonight and start another painting. :) SIGH i love it when a plan comes together! XOXOXOX 

Oh by the way.. if you missed my point on this post.. it was to go out and try doing the stuff you see others doing that you love so much. Of course not everything is going to be your forte but one of them will and you will be so excited that you tried. And you will be proud of yourself and that is such a great feeling! Go try. Please!




             First Time Orders FREE SHIPPING WITH CODE - FIRSTREP at checkout!
Frankie's Avon Page
Live a Healthier Life! Starting Today!
GNLD Vitamins

No comments: