Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Sunday, August 5, 2012

I have discovered Pinterest

I know that many of you have already discovered Pinterest - so I just wanted to share with you that - I have too and I LOVE IT! I get so addicted to just looking at pictures and all the different pins. I have not met any new friends there yet but I have found some of the coolest ideas. I actually saw a pin - 

And you see the top picture?? Well I loved the idea so much and i have tons of buttons just laying around - I decided that I would give it a go! This is what I made ... 


I loved it. It was a lot of fun. This would be a great project to do with kids if you are an art teacher also. I just used acrylic paint on canvas paper with craft glue and buttons. :) Tons of fun. It looks pretty "blustery"!  There are a lot of crochet patterns on there as well. If you like art I have a board of all "my favorite art by others". I have a couple more boards on there if you would like to see them all just follow this link - Pinterest - Frankie Stockman. Stop by and ay hi! :):) 

I pulled out another white canvas this morning. I am going to start work on  another seascape. I am going to get this series done! I think I have four more paintings or so to go and then I think two drawings would work nicely. What do you think? Is there a rule to how many paintings you put in a series?? I actually don't know. Maybe I should google it?  Well I did and it doesn't really have a simple number so I am just going to keep going in the direction I am going. 

Hope you all have a nice Sunday! XOXO Frankie


First Time Orders FREE SHIPPING WITH CODE - FIRSTREP at checkout! Frankie's Avon Page
Live a Healthier Life! Starting Today!
GNLD Vitamins

No comments: