Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I have been thinking....

I know that one of my posts on my blog was about me wondering why we are artists. It was such a  heavy question that I had on my mind all the time. When I would ask my friends who are also artists I almost felt like they thought I was a little over dramatic. An artist creates because they "have" to. Because they are drawn to it. They need to express themselves. That was never enough for me because I don't always feel like I have to express myself. I never really have anything to share! I have never wanted to give my opinions through art. So none of that made sense to me at all. I was not in a hurry to do anything that hasn't been done before (dont get me wrong, that would have been nice). So I just kept going and pretending like those were good answers and that must be why I do this too. Today I was watching a documentary called "painters paintings" and I learned so much. Funny thing is, I learned it from the modern artists and what they were saying about what they do and why. Personally I am not a huge fan of paintings of squares or just paint splattered all over the place - but I made that connection with these artist and I can proudly say that I am finally ready to write my artist statement. Also I appreciate their work 100 percent more! I am so glad that I watched it. I am going to watch it again! I can feel it and I am excited. I know now that having a direction and now understanding what I want to show and express will actually inspire me to not be afraid to try things and not to worry what others are thinking of me! So for the next couple of days I am going to be working on that. If you have an artist statement that you would like to share with me - please let me read it! I would love to. :) When I am done with mine, I will post it here


First Time Orders FREE SHIPPING WITH CODE - FIRSTREP at checkout!
Frankie's Avon Page
Live a Healthier Life! Starting Today!
GNLD Vitamins

No comments: