Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Slowly and steady wins the race!


I called my blog entry this today because I have been moving pretty slow with this painting. I just wish there were other things that I could blog about to fill in the gaps.  Ever get to a place where you just don't want to talk about much? I did see a funny sushi picture today however! I found this picture at Interiordesignroom.blog.com. I thought it was very interesting and wondered how they did stuff like this. 


 I saw this motivational poster and I thought it was great. The comedian that is featured on the front is one of my favorites. His jokes are so ridiculous that I can not help to laugh. I am a huge fan of Jack Handy too! 



Alright.. Now let me see what I did with that picture of my painting. I worked and reworked the cloth on the bonnet. I knew I would have trouble but I just needed to relax and try to visualize what cloth looks like. I see it every day I should know by now right?? You would think! 


It is kinda at a funny angle because I am looking down at it. I set it on the chair. I always look at the paintings through my camera or through my mirror. If I like it when look through the camera then I will take a picture and show it. But if I dont, then I put the camera down and work on what is bugging me.   So there is the bonnet. Not really loving the side over behind the bear.. where you can just see a tiny bit of it.. but I will work on that later.  Its coming together. Slowly. :) 

Here is one more thing that I am sharing from my very close friend Gena's blog @ Creations - by - Gena. She does this thing where every day of the month is themed and you share a photo that has to do with that theme. I hope I said that right. Anyways here is the "March Agenda" if you would like to participate. I will do it when I come on to leave a blog.. 


So today is bedside. As I turn around to look at the side of my bed.. Oh brother. I am sure you don't want to see that. Its a huge mess. I have books everywhere. I stack them up because I love reading books before I go to bed at night. Helps me relax..   Let me see.. hold on.. I will see if I can take one that does not make me look so bad! hhahhah.. Its seriously a HUGE MESS! I can not believe I am actually going to show you this. 


As you can see I am a very simple person. But very messy. I am working on a project right there when I go to bed at night. I like to crochet also! hahah.. The black and tan thing on the floor is going to be a vacuum cover. She is like a big doll that fits over it. Loads of work. Then I was making some kitty collars. And of course there are my books that I like to read before I go to bed too. The little table my son made for me in wood shop and that is all I need. To me its a beautiful piece of furniture and I need nothing more! I never make my bed.  And the candle smells so good that I love laying in bed and being able to smell it. Ohhh and I bought that lamp for like 5.00 at walmart a couple of years ago. The matching one is on the other side. I was madly in love with them. They don't match but I love them just the same! So there it is. MY BEDSIDE mess. 



First Time Orders FREE SHIPPING WITH CODE - FIRSTREP at checkout!
Frankie's Avon Page
Live a Healthier Life! Starting Today!
GNLD Vitamins

2 comments:

Creation's by Gena said...

Your Painting is coming along nicely. Just try not to over think it though. :o) I see you are joining in on the fun (finally) on the March photo a day challenge. woo hoo. I love that your son made the little table that you use. By the way, that wall color... looks like the same in my bedroom! How funny is that!

Frankie Stockman said...

Pretty funny. I puta similar color in my bathrooms too because I really liked hoe the silver handles reflected the color. Almost looks copper.