Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Friday, February 24, 2012

No More Turpentine!

Good morning everyone. I have an update picture for you. Do not look too much into it. I have no clue what I am doing with this one!   Anyways.. I also wanted to share another thing with you. For a long time I have hated turpentine.  I actually had three of my children when I was working the most in art classes etc. I did not want to be around the stuff because of my pregnancies. Plus its really a huge pain! The storing of it and all that. Not being able to dump it in the sink or anywhere really that I can think of. It was a huge burden for me. It actually kept me from wanting to paint. So I decided I needed to find a different way to do things. Well of course I decided I would no longer paint my under paintings with it. I just use my medium. To clean my paint brushes I now just use dish soap! Works like a charm. These are my cleaning tools.  See that little blue rag with holes in it? I made that with cotton yarn. I just pour some of the dish soap on it and then rub my paint brushes along it and scrub them out. The way I came to use this is because it gets the oil paint off my hands.. and cuts the worst greasy messes off my dishes.. why not my brushes? So that is what I use. No more turpentine for me. Now this may not work for everyone but it works for me.  I don't use anything to clean my brushes while I am painting. I just use a rag to wipe them clean. And I usually use more than one so I do use many brushes now when I paint. But its beettterrrr than that junk. :) Try it and see if it works for you.
Alright... here is my updated photo. I am moving very slow as you can see. I just started laying the color on yesterday. You can see that there is no rhyme or reason to it. I have to stop a lot and take many hours in between because of my family life so sometimes I can not get into a good rhythm. But when I do get that chance to find it.. its so much fun! I really do enjoy being an artist sometimes. :)   


First Time Orders FREE SHIPPING! Frankie's Avon Page
Live a Healthier Life! Starting Today!
GNLD Vitamins

No comments: