Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Have I forgotten to draw? Is that even possible?

I have reconnected with Paintings I Love recently and I decided to try another "photo challenge". I am no stranger to this photo because I am actually the one who took it and asked the admin to put it up. I was curious to see how others would paint it. I had no intention on painting it myself until about 3 days ago.
I have been trying to just draw the shapes of the lace out in the front. I am not really concerned with anything else behind the basket really but the front it important. I start to draw it then erase it. Draw it then erase it. The trouble for me is that I have been trying to draw the actual "white" shapes! Instead of just drawing the dark shapes. I could not figure out what my problem was. I was drawing and drawing and thinking "have I lost my touch? I can not seem to figure out the easiest way to do this". So tonight I just stopped trying and relaxed and just let it all come natural and I started to search for the less amount of information and drawing it and the lace is coming together just fine now.    I have done two other photo challenges through this artist (who is really quite good) and I enjoyed them and they came out very well. I believe you all remember this one - 


And then this is the second one that I did. So this other one will make my third. 


Anyway - I just want to do the lace again. I want to see if I can pull it off again. I remember the extreme struggle that I had with the first one and now I want to see if it is the same struggle or if It comes easier this time around. This lace is much more complex that I am working on. 

Maybe you would like to try it out? If you would please post a comment and let me know. I would surely like to see what you come up with! The photo is mine and I give you full permission to use it! :):) Just promise that you will show me what you do. I will post mine also.   If you would like to see what other artists have done with it then just follow this link - Paintings I love Photo Challenge. (Frankie's Photo)  I am pretty sure you can see it even if you are not a member. And if you are not a member you can sign up for free. Just please let them know that I sent you. I get no money.. Just big fat THANK YOU from them :) Always nice.   Do not forget to let me know! Happy painting! 






First Time Orders FREE Shipping! Frankie's Avon Page
Live a Healthier Life! Starting Today!
GNLD Vitamins

1 comment:

Darla said...

Judging from these drawings its obvious you didnt forget. Well this post certainly reminds me of the time when I worked as an art gallery clerk. It was a great job but the pay was not enough for my mortgage. Now I am working from home selling import export goods online, mostly digital items and gifts for this upcoming Christmas. My profits have been looking great and I was able to pay off my mortgage also. Everyone can do this, work from home and earn big profits online. The question is HOW and WHERE to find info.