Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Friday, August 12, 2011

Today is Trash Day!


Happy Birthday George Bellows! You 1800's American Painter, you! I am glad that you were influenced by Robert Henri, your teacher who was another American Painter at the same time. Shall we checkout one of your more famous paintings? Oh look there is one now! I believe you called it "Stag at Sharkey's"  Very nice.. Very nice! 

I called this post trash day because its Friday. Friday is one of our trash days. It was all I could come up with! I am reading a book right now that is called Ten Stupid Things Women Do to Mess Up Their Lives (its a 1.50 if you follow this link actually). I have heard good things about the author and bad things. So far I have not read anything that I think is shocking or negative. I like it. Here is a quote out of the book that I thought was worth sharing -

 "Start dreaming...it doesn't necessarily have to come to pass. The dreams I've had changed. But it's important that you dream. Because if you can dream for your future, it means you believe in yourself now."

I think the book is useful. I have been taking bits and pieces from it and putting them in my pocket. 

So my 8 year old daughter has a friend over spending the night. She wanted to watch her favorite cartoon and share it with her friend. Lucky friend because its "Bleach". An anime series where they do not speak a lick of English. Only Japanese. Of course there are subtitles. But we are talking about 8 years and under watching this show. My kids are all sitting there laughing their heads off while this poor girl has not a clue what to do. She doesn't understand anything that is happening. Neither do my kids but they laugh so hard every time. So she is watching them and then she will look over at the show when they laugh and burst out laughing in the super fake laugh. Its making me smile to watch it. 

Nothing really going on today. Its supposed to rain again. All week it has rained! Yea! I have been loving it. I am ready for fall. The heat has been way too much for me this year. However.. I did get a rockin tan! ;) First time since I lived in Hawaii over 10 years ago. 

Now I need to start working on my stuff for my shop. I need to put new things in there. Crocheting just really takes a lot of time. Not that painting doesn't but Its all in the way you look at it *wink*. 

Well if I come up with anything else to rap about - I will come back. For now.. I am basically sitting here searching for things to talk about. ;)   




Live a Healthier Life! Starting Today!
GNLD Vitamins

No comments: