Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Monday, August 8, 2011

I have been gone for too long!



Wow. It seems like it has been forever since I was last here. I think I have been lost! A lot of little things have happened to slow me down. I have not been very productive "art" wise if you have not noticed. However tonight  I was sketching. I have been reading and studying up on certain things. I guess I can tell you what the big deal has been with me and art. Well I have been wanting to learn how to glaze. So I had tried with the last painting that I posted about. FLOPPED! I ended up painting white over her. Then I tried to paint her again.. No. Complete failure. So there went the self confidence. Funny thing about this all is I have painted people before! I did not think about it when I was doing it and they turned out fine! So I have a hang up now because I did not finish her. I will carry her weight until I do. I know I know. :) And when I do finish her or finally get it done.. I will fly! I know I know. I am going to do it a third time. I just need to start it. Canvas is ready and waiting...               So for now.. I was sketching... I am wanting to learn the facial features without the aid of graphs. Yes. I draw all my faces with graphs because it takes about 8 hours less time. I can do it without... but.. it takes me so long!   



So I want to work on that. This is the sketch I did tonight. A very fast one mind you. 
Either way its nice to be so loose with things and just do it instead of trying to be perfect! 




Oh and I almost forgot! I actually did do a painting in the last couple of weeks. This one. They are Apricots. I made them a little brighter and the table is much better but this is the basics of the painting. I painted it because I got some apricots from the store and I ate one and so many child hood memories came back. My cousin (might as well be my sister) had an Apricot tree in her yard. Before they were even ripe we would take them off the tree and eat them or have a war with them. I have not really eaten them since then. Sooo.. I ate them.. and I painted this because I miss her. She was going to come and visit me this summer but it has been way to hot for her. We are in the 110s this summer. Its not normal. Its way to hot! We do not go anywhere between noon and 8pm. No joke. Its depressing! My husband wanted to put it in a charity auction but I did not want him to because I did not feel it was really a nice enough painting to do something like that with and I have not painted in months. So I chose this one instead. They loved it so much they were thinking they would buy it for their offices but then decided they are going to raffle it off because they think it will make a lot more money that way. Whatever - its for charity. :) 

I am curious how much it will go for. I do not know how much the raffle tickets are going to be but maybe I will buy one and try to win it back! Wouldn't that be something? 

Anyways.. I will try not to stay away so much this time. :) I am probably going to totally dump the whole Avon Gig. Its really not working out for me and I have not really been trying very hard lately anyway! ;) 
Hope you are all having a great night! 






Live a Healthier Life! Starting Today!
GNLD Vitamins

2 comments:

DebbieLynne said...

I tried to read your post, Frankie, but both your font and your color scheme are too hard on my 57-year-old eyes. Pity...I was happy to see you blogging again, and really wanted to read what you had to say. :-(

Frankie said...

Arg really?? Im sorry. I can change it. I just thought it was so pretty looking.. Let me see what I can do. :)