Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Monday, June 13, 2011

Painting update. #2

So here is an updated picture of the painting. I  am trying to work on it as much as I can. It is moving kinda slow. I had a problem with her hand (had to completely re draw it) and the Mandolin. Perspective was all off. Not a problem though. I believe I have a handle on it. :) This morning I was looking up some stuff on adding color in layers and glazes. I found this one video that talks about "the dead layer" and that layer is to be applied after this one. But it is in black and white. Or "grey scale". Not sure how it works yet. I guess its a Flemish technique. I might have just made that up too. Who knows! I have been listening to the song from "I Am Legend" and I love it. So lastnight I decided to listen to my mp3 player while I painted. A few songs came on and then that song came on. I actually became excited! This was the first time I got to test the song out while painting! Some of you I know understand what I am talking about. I love listening to certain styles of music while I paint. It really does help me set the mood. Once I tried to draw a picture of my mother in laws mother. I started it and it was going fine.. Then my husband put on his music and a couple of min. later I noticed I started to make her face warp! I had to scrap it and start again. I did. Still listening to his music. Got half way through.. Scrapped it again! Looked nothing like her. Finally I decided to just wait till he was done. When he was I started again. She has the drawing hanging in her home. I gave it to her for Christmas one year. My point is - music makes such a difference. It calmed me down and I know it helped me to not stress over the mistakes I made and just fix them instead of worrying about it.    

 Here is a video I wanted to share. I think these are really fun to watch. Hope your mondays are fun! I am going to go out soon after I clean up a little more and get a tan! Woohoo! This year I am actually wearing shorts. Very nice. 

First Time Orders FREE SHIPPING! Frankie's Avon Page
Live a Healthier Life! Starting Today!
GNLD Vitamins

3 comments:

ArtMuse Dog and Carol said...

Frankie ~ I love the painting and agree Music helps to get through ~ does something to relax the brain and ease one onto that 'right brain' area and also balance the brain ~ Keep on ~ you really are talented ~ ^_^

Jamie Lynn said...

the painting is looking great

music is always nice to have while art'ing

Kristen said...

Your painting seriously blows me away even if it's not finished... the hand perspective looks spot on. You can tell how much time went into it. This kind of talent amazes me... go Frankie!!! And I agree- music helps me focus, but it depends on the genre. I prefer listening to more folksy tunes anytime I'm doing my artsy stuff. Anyway- great job! Hope you got a nice tan :)