Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Friday, May 13, 2011

Silly things. :)

How funny but did you know that crochet is "hook" in French? So why do we call it a crochet hook? We are calling it a HOOK HOOK! Silly right? 

Do you call the ATM an ATM Machine? Do you know what ATM stands for? Automated Teller Machine. So we are calling it the Automated Teller Machine Machine. ;) 

Can  you think of anything else? 

3 comments:

Wee Spookeez Design said...

Your brain comes up with such fun things at times. I'm sure there are a few more of them somewhere....

aprilraechelle* said...

Hello there! I'm a new follower here, and I'm hoping you'll get the chance to follow me too. I'm a new blogging Mommy, and am looking to learn from and share with as many Mommy's as possible! :D

Name's April, 23, 2 kids, and a hubby- a dog and a cat. I'm about to start working again for the first time in over 2 years, unpaid, but it's going to be awesome. My life is crazy and chaotic, and so is my blog- hope you enjoy!! :)

http://atpauley2011.blogspot.com

XO-aprilraechelle*

Frankie said...

haha. Dean. If I wrote everything down all that I was thinking about.. I would never get off this computer. I really want to know where some of these ridiculous sayings that we say comes from! I never thought about it till I took French Class. ;) I hope you are doing well :):) How is your art work coming along. Mine is not right now.. pretty obvious. Money is taking over my life right now. :( Trying so hard to make some.. ya know.. not a lot of room for creativeness.