Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Scavengers!

So today I am anticipating the Thunder Storms that are coming through. The wind is picking up and the sky is starting to fill with clouds. We are warned that its going to be a dandy. I have lived in Tornado Alley for 3 years now but I am no less afraid of them now then when I first moved here! Its like they are these huge scavengers! I always feel like they are like these huge monsters coming out to prey on those on the ground. 
ITS FEEDING TIME! 

Everyone hide. 


We do  not have a shelter except the closet under the stairs. See this house? Lets pretend that is real for a second. They would have no chance! I am sure a wicked witch of the south would not be around to break their fall! My animals, I would put them in the bathroom downstairs. Yes! I would try to protect them too. I love the snot out of them all. 



Dang it all. With the weird weather patterns I am thinking they are going to be twice as bad.  I just do not like this time of year. Spring is one of my favourite times of the year and...    Tornado season has to accompany it.  Its just not right.  Thankfully we do live right next to the sirens in our neighborhood. So if we have one in the night - I will hear it or wake up to it! Heaven Forbid! 

Alright. Well I gotta run and get dressed. I have class to teach tonight. I will post their pictures for you so you can see what I am doing with the kids. That is if I am not standing in the tracks of a tornado tomorrow! Also I tried to catch up with my blogging today and visit everyones blogs - but something wasn't working right so I will catch up tonight when I get the chance! 

Love you all and for those of you that have these storms also.. PLEASE STAY SAFE! 


First Time Orders FREE! Frankie's Avon Page
Live a Healthier Life! Starting Today!
GNLD Vitamins

4 comments:

Wee Spookeez Design said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have no brushups with tornadoes anytime soon. We used to get them occasionally way back when living in Ohio. The sky gets so still and yellow right before they happen. Really eerie!...

Creation's by Gena said...

When I lived in FL we only had to worry about Tornado's spawning from a Hurricane. Funny thing about Hurricanes is...we know when one is approaching. Now that I live in GA we have a freaking Tornado season! Like huh? What? There is a Tornado season now?? We didn't have this 8 years ago when I first moved here. Funny how the weather is a changing. Could it be the cause of global warming? ha ha
Any time I hear of bad weather out your way I worry about you and then I think uh oh that means it is heading this way next. ugh.
Stay safe! Oh, and if a witch fly's by... it is probably my mom so tell her I said hey! LOL

ArtMuse Dog and Carol said...

I wouldn't like tornados either ~ We had a rain and wind storm and it woke me up real early this morning ~ Rainy and windy still at 7:30 ~ tide is real high and it is a full moon ~ tomorrow ~ night ~ seems the ocean tides impact the storms ~ once tide starts to recede the storm starts to slow down ~ not sure I am accurate ~ just my feeling ~ Happy Creating ~ ^_^

Frankie said...

I am having trouble with the comments for some reason. I typed out a response to each of you and it would not save. This keeps happening to me. Frustrating. So I am going to go to your pages and talk to you there now. :):) Sorry..