Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hello Everyone

I have been kinda busy the last week or so. I am so far behind in my blogging! Let me see.. What have I been up to?  Well, I started to make some curtains out of yarn for my daughters bedroom window. Also I started to make some curtains out of thread for my front door window. My door is like one big window. I will surely take a photo when I am done. 

Did you hear that "Borders" book store is going out of business? Well it is here anyways. I went yesterday and picked up some books. All the art books were GONE! I wanted a certain one pretty bad but it was gone. Oh well. I did get a nice magazine! 

Tax season is passing.. YaY!

The weather is Bi-polar. 

My living room has papers all over it from my husband staying up all night trying to get taxes in at the last min. Then he gets up and leaves so I guess I will pick them all up .. Its the least I can do right? ;) 

I was supposed to post pictures of the young rembrandts drawings.. I did not do that.. So I wanted to share them with you now... 


So this one was mine that I did. I teach them step by step how to draw the picture through picking out the shapes first. Every once in a while I get to teach them my own stuff. For example, I teach them tricks and tips on how to make the drawing a little easier. They get really frustrated sometimes. So I really have to do some creative thinking in order to get them to calm down and keep trying. I also changed the ear. I made it flop when it should have just stood up. I did give them a choice for the flop or straight up. Some chose straight up. But not many. I think, one! ;) So its fun to teach them cute little things and to open their minds up so they can make the art work their own. I also try to teach them to focus.. Slow down... and draw light and soft. Clean lines. 



This picture here has a story and I love it. My daughter Ryley walked to my class after school this day. She walked in and all of the sudden the student who was drawing this could not draw anymore. She distracted him so greatly by her presents! I laughed. He could not compose himself around her. I am thinking he thinks my Ryley is pretty! He tried and tried over and over to get the heads right! He usually draws better than most in my class.

Now this is Holly. She draws very very well. As you can see here too I give them a chance to kinda do their own thing as well and be creative so they do not get bored with the lessons. She put in grass in the background instead of what I did. And it looks really cute! She did a great job. 


Here is the only student who decided to keep the ear up. She is in the 2nd grade. She did a wonderful job. :) She does need to learn to slow down a little and be a little lighter with her drawing. But she is learning! :) 

So that is a glimps of what I do in my drawing classes. I am sure you can look up Young Rembrandts in your area. Its fun.. Its only an hour of the day and you get paid for each class that you teach.

Okay. Well I should go. I need to get some stuff done today. I have class later and a million loads of laundry to fold and put away. Laundry is by far my LEAST favourite thing to do. I would rather do the dishes. 

I will talk with you very soon! 

XO XO XO 


First Time Orders FREE! Frankie's Avon Page
Live a Healthier Life! Starting Today!
GNLD Vitamins

2 comments:

Sandra's Fiberworks said...

Curtains out of yarn? That's got to take patience! Knitted??

Frankie said...

Hi Sandra... I do not know how to knit! I do have a loom. That is all I can do! So I am crocheting them. So far I have 12 motif squares and then once I hit about 100 I guess I will start to put them all together. I am going to have to crochet them together. Its all lace. They are going to be PERDY! I might make two separate ones. Or just one.. not sure.