Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Blast from the past!

A fellow blogger (http://graphicdesignconfessions.blogspot.com/) recently blogged about her past art work. I loved the idea so much. I was a little sad though that I did not have any "childhood" drawings left. My house burnt down when I was in the tenth grade so I lost most of the those things. However - I do have two paintings from when I was about 17. I had "NO" plans on being an artist at this time. My husband had a bunch of paint sitting around from art class and I was bored. So I used them a couple of times. This one I drew with a pencil then painted it for my daughter. It was her Christmas gift for that year. She was six months old. 



Then I painted this one for my husband. He is actually my ex husband now. But I still have the painting. We are good friends still. It makes things so much easier. Anyways, he was away at boot camp when I painted this for him. He really liked this style of painting (I really could care less about anything like STYLE at that time) so I tried to copy it. He had some paintings in his room that he had done in art class. I tried to copy the approach. Ended up with a dragon though! I thought it was cool. I remember sitting on my bedroom floor painting it on a sheet with my little baby next to me sleeping. 


After that I did not do anything artistic really. I did meet one of my good friends Gena (http://creations-by-gena.blogspot.com/) and she opened my mind up to crafting! I had a lot of fun with her. I do not have much of anything that I made.. Oh wait.. I do.. Swags.. A couple of them. I still have them. I will have to share them sometime..

Anyways..... 

When I divorced my first husband, I was 28. That is when I decided I would be an artist. Here is one of my very first drawings! 

I drew this with a #2 pencil. I framed it and saved it because it is like that first dollar that business' keep in a frame ya know? Plus I have been made fun of like mad. I cut off her head because I could not draw it!! I tried and tried and tried. SO.. OFFFFFFF WITH HER HEAD! I love that anyone can look at it and make up some weird story that they believe is behind the picture though ;) It was in a closet so its dirty!



XOXOXOX

First Time Orders FREE!

Frankie's Avon Page
Live a Healthier Life! Starting Today!
GNLD Vitamins

2 comments:

Kristen said...

so glad you decided to do a throwback post! i really love that first drawing you did with her head cut off... lol... it does look like it means something deep, funny what the actual reason was behind it :)

Frankie said...

Thank you Kristen. I love how people interpret art. Its funny when they do not know the whole meaning. I do it too!

I actually had it a lot longer but I took some stuff out. I was afraid it would bore some people! hahaha.. I just got excited. So maybe next Thursday or when ever it was that I did this one... I will put more in .. Like you do.. a bit at a time. :)