Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Working Slowly.

Well she is not exactly where I want her right now. The right eye still needs some work. Its really hard to figure out where the lines are because the original photo is so messed up. I actually had to lighten it and sharpen it to try to get the lines to pop out more.. So this is where I am right now. I used to expect them to look exactly like the original... But my biggest lesson in my YR class is that you will never draw the picture exactly like mine and I will never draw the picture exactly like yours... Kinda helps take the anxiety out of it all. Does not work every time however.

2 comments:

Painting Tips and Tricks said...

Great work! There are indeed a lot of things you could do with art! I find happiness seeing different artists strive hard bringing out the best in each of their paintings!...Daniel

Frankie said...

Thank you Daniel. I appreciate you stopping by. I was checking out your videos and blog. Very informative. PS love your work! :)