Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Stick with what you know.

I tried this new style of painting the day before yesterday. I know you have seen the post that I left. Well I changed my mind. I loved the first stage of the painting. It really did feel free and I learned so much from just that one stage of painting. I learned a lot about perspective.. and the biggest thing that I learned is.. "stick with what you know"..   After I learned what I needed to the painting became "unfun". I got the worst headache. The layout was perfect but the paint was not laying down right. I couldn't figure it out. So I sat and sat and painted here and painted there. Sat some more. Stared. Then I walked away. I have not been back since. Oh my gosh that reminds me! I left my paint brushes up there too. So now they are dry! :( I need to work on those now. Anyways - I am going to restart the painting over again. Same concept, same layout.. Only this time - MY WAY.   Also I might do a still life. Me and my British compadre over at http://creativedegenerate.blogspot.com/ had a nice talk to day about art and the directions we were going and that is when I made all these decisions. Thanks Kate :) Oh and you should go and check out her newest painting. Its really nice! Also there is a giveaway of some original art work at this blog http://creations-by-gena.blogspot.com/  Be the first to comment on the prize and its yours!  She does the cutest stuff.. Make sure you go before some one else does!

2 comments:

Wee Spookeez Design said...

Hi Frankie, looks like you had a really nice start on the seascape. Setting it aside is probably a good idea, that way you can mull over a plan of attack.

Abstract Ramblings of a Creative Degenerate said...

Only just realised I've not been in and checked your blog properly for a while and saw the direction conversation reference. Glad its helped xxx