Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Okay. She is done. What can we call her? She needs an old fashioned name I am thinking. What do you think??


And I have to say that I think I am much more pleased with the end result than I previously believed I would be. Well.. there she is.. All done. I signed it up the right hand along the edge near her shoulder. Just do not have it in this picture.   I am thinking I may not really work on one that looks the same. This one will do. I had fun. Now I just need to fix it. :) NEXT - 

For a tip on how to get a really annoying song that is stuck in your head, out.. go to my MANIA link above. Also I am going to repost all the drawings that I did in here ... into my progress Link. Talk to you a bit later! 

After I posted this I went back and added just a touch of eyebrow to her eye.. It looks better :) 

9 comments:

Novelda said...

Well if she were mine, I think I would call her Luvonia. She's beautiful! Very nicely done.

Abstract Ramblings of a Creative Degenerate said...

I'm thinking Violet :) Well done! xx

Wee Spookeez Design said...

Well done Frankie! My brains drawing a blank as to a name though. (may have to get back to you on that one) Anyway, I think your idea to do a series is a good one. Have you ever tried working on toned paper? Might be something to try along the way.

Frankie said...

No I have not tried it.. I have thought about it. Its so small. I have not seen it come in larger sizes.. I guess I can start with that they have. Your right. My aunt has one of the prettiest names I have ever heard. Her name is Lina. Luvonia is really pretty too! Thanks everyone for your comments. :)

DebbieLynne said...

She's absolutely beautiful!

Kristen said...

Wow Frankie this came out absolutely stunning! The eyes.. are just perfect. I thought of the name "Emily" when I first saw her. You're amazing!

TopazPearleGirl said...

She's lovely!

Creation's by Gena said...

How about Emma? I like it Frankie. Well done my dear friend.

Frankie said...

Emily will be excited that you have picked her name Kristen (my four year old) Love Emma too. That is what I almost named Emily. Emma Lee. I should have.. She would have been named after my Grandma. Now we just call her Emmie.