Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oil Paint

I am working on a new painting. This weekend I wanted to bang my head against the wall because of it. But today I can kinda see it coming together. For me the hardest part about the paintings are getting it started. I struggle with that whole part of it. I have the same problems with trying to write a paper! The intro is always the hardest. :) Anywayyss.. I was mixing some greens because this painting is mainly GREEN. So I wanted the perfect green for me. I finally found it after mixing many different ones.. Van Dyke brown and Viridian (Hue)! So excited. Its a bit dark but I like it that way! I have a couple of things to do. I have to go to Wal Mart! Wal mart is enough to ruin my day. I also have to take some avon to a costumer. Then off to teach my art class. Then I can paint again. So I should go so I can paint for at least an hour more today before I have to join the rest of the world outside.. (saddness) I could stay in here all day and paint if they would let me.   Have a good day everyone! 

4 comments:

Frankie said...

actually I just remembered! It not new. Its the one that I showed you a sketch of! I am losing it. Too much too fast. :)

Wee Spookeez Design said...

Walmart trips SUUUUCK! Anyway, can't wait to see this one in progress. Have a good day.

Frankie said...

Hi Dean. I am moving pretty fast with this one. I am almost done.. Have to do some research on the way I shall paint my leaves and then I will be back at it again. I have been taking pictures as I go along but its hard to see. The painting is awful dark! Very green. :) I do not think its going to be my best work.. but its going to be okay. And I am going to love it non the less. :)

Wee Spookeez Design said...

That's the spirit!! Is it convenient to move your painting out doors occasionally to take progress shots? Works pretty well if you do it late afternoon or on a mildly overcast day. Something you might try, if it's not too big of a pain in the _ss.