Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Wednesday, January 26, 2011



I thought I would throw in a detail shot. My phone is not working the greatest so my pictures are a bit blurry. My son walks in (he is 5) and says.. There is something wrong with your painting.. ME: Oh yeah? Whats that?  He says: well your rocks are too brown.  ME: Well I like them brown.  He Says: Okay well there is something wrong with your River.  ME: Its not a River. Its the sea.  He says: Oh! Well there is something wrong with your sea! Too much white! ME: that is the water splashing against the rocks! He Says: Ohhhhh... Well then there is something else.. ITS GREEN!   I gave up. He was trying to find what ever he could. It made me laugh. 

7 comments:

Wee Spookeez said...

Y'know that saying "You're your own worst critic"? Well, obviously not when he's around!! You can always end him to bed early.

Wee Spookeez said...

oops...that was sposed to be "send".

Creation's by Gena said...

Oh Frankie. That is funny. Remember, it is easy for a painting to be criticized in a negative way when it is first being painted. People are not seeing your vision or the final detailed product. Keep working on it. It is looking good.

Frankie said...

haha.. oh I know.. He is a goofy little one., So I am painting today and my 'horny' cat is laying under my feet., .rolling all around.. making horny noises so I will scratch her all over. Then when I do.. she rolls up in a ball. Its making me laugh. She is in heat.

Wee Spookeez said...

Gawd that's annoying...

Frankie said...

It is annoying. And the poor thing is not herself. I need to get her fixed. We were laughing really hard this morning because when she is in that "place" she just lays there and you can pick her up with your foot and just kinda scoot her along the floor. She doesn't try to get away or anything! Just limp. I laughed so hard. It was not normal! Everyone is grossed out with her. You can not play with her and she is usually really fun.. but she will play for a min. then start with that weird wining things that she does.. and her butt goes up!

Wee Spookeez said...

Oh no! The butt thing!..