Art is a jealous mistress, and, if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture, or philosophy, he makes a bad husband, and an ill provider. (Waldo Emerson)

Saturday, November 20, 2010

We are not put on this earth to see through one another, but to see one another through.~Unknown Source    


I got this quote off of twitter. You have no idea how important this one is to me. I try to tell my kids this EVERY day. I believe if I say it enough times... they will eventually hear me. 


This weekend has been kinda long. I never want to complain nor sound negative. So I will not say it has been a "bad" weekend so far. Just kinda long.  I think that after the kids go to bed I am going to set myself up with some earphones.. and a stick of charcoal and paper. I have been thinking that I have allowed money to get in the way of my "creative" side.  All I can think about is "how am I going to make money". The most ridiculous part about it is I am choosing to do it in a way that makes me unhappy.  Lets take Avon as an example... When I make a sell (and that is not very often) I do not feel as if I have accomplished anything. When I make a scarf and think of someone actually buying one (luckily they never do) I immediately worry about me having to make another one to sell. When I paint or draw something that I really love, I feel as if I have accomplished something and grown as an artist. Then I hang it on the wall and I see it constantly and feel that accomplishment all over again.      


I think I have outgrown Facebook



No comments: